Welland Rose Festival Downtown Extravaganza
The Welland Rose Festival would like to cordially invite you to join us at Merritt Park and enjoy the variety of amenities available for you, your family & friends to enjoy.
The Downtown Extravaganza in the Park is a fun-filled, action-packed day presented to you FREE of Charge in beautiful downtown Welland at Merritt Park on King Street
Sponsored by: Niagara Casinos
Come on down & let us entertain you because we’ve got what it takes to tickle your fancy on Saturday, June 22 10am-10pm & Sunday, June 23 10am-8pm. It doesn’t matter how old or young you are if you want to be serious or humoured, educated or amused, this event has it all, and it’s all FREE!
When you walk into the park you will be surrounded by the sights, sounds, and smells that will remind you of the days when your family could enjoy some good old-fashioned fun and it’s FREE!
Get your face painted, watch your children play some games, create a piece of artwork, rock to the music, enjoy delicious food from our Food Truck vendors, ride a pony, meet the 2019 Rose Queen and her court, or just sit in the shade and watch the people.
- Food Trucks
- Children’s Art area with the Welland Historical Museum
- Craft Vendors
- Community Booths – See what’s happening in Welland and how you can help
- Live Entertainment on the Amphitheatre Stage throughout both days for Adults and Children
- Free giveaways
- Pony Rides provided by Pony Paradise
- Children’s Games hosted by the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council
- The 10th & 20th Welland Scouting groups will be there with their Kub Kars race track & a booth to give out information on joining the Scouts Canada organization.
- Exotic Animals from Not Your Ordinary Pet Shop Inc. – Spiders, snakes, lizards and more!
- Finish off Saturday night with the music of Old Plank Road then stay in your seat as Kerr Boom lights off a cascade of fireworks from a barge on the Welland Canal.
- Take a break from the activities in Merritt Park on Sunday, June 23rd to watch the 58th Annual Rose Festival Grande Parade pass you by on King Street as it heads down to East Main Street.
- Sunday ends off the 58th Rose Festival with a performance by The Associates on the amphitheater stage.
If leisure is your thing, just relax in our Adult Beverage Garden or grab a seat at the Amphitheatre Stage and listen to the live music and visit with your friends because all of them will be here, so why not you?
Adult Beverage Garden co-hosted by Handle Bar Hank’s
Though we all love our animals the Welland Rose Festival respectfully requests that they not accompany you at this event.